Provide lawn care for first responders!
Lawn care for first responders is an opportunity to bless people (in particular healthcare workers) working long hours on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic with basic lawn care services. We are in communication with administration at Chesapeake General to assess the need for such services.
Guidelines for those wishing to serve in this area are as follows:
1) Volunteers are required to complete and sign THIS application and medical release.
2) Volunteers are required to work in groups of at least two in keeping with STC guidelines. One volunteer MUST be an adult (18+).
3) Volunteers are required to adhere to all COVID-19 social distancing guidelines. Volunteers may not have direct contact with homeowners. Communication with homeowners should be handled over the phone or through email.
4) Volunteers must provide and maintain their own equipment.
5) Volunteers will receive assignments after homeowners sign a liability release. They should then communicate with homeowners (via phone or email) to confirm the details of the specific request and the frequency of the desired services.
6) Volunteers should follow-up with homeowners after lawn care services are completed.
7) Volunteers should report the number of hours spent on the job to Jay Benfante after assignments are completed.
Jay Benfante is the coordinator for this project. Any questions or concerns regarding this volunteer opportunity should be directed to Jay. If you need help contacting Jay, please call the office HERE.